Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lonely Start to Our Business

Bear Claw Geothermal Loops & Service LLC is having it's first official job as I type! I am supposed to be there with Bear right now helping him but due to poor planning..no fault of our own of course =)...he has to start the job today and of course no one is available to babysit!! So he is doing a 3 person job essentially, alone. I wish I could be a part of it and be with him helping but I can't :( I can't even bring Romeo and go cheer him on b/c my car is still stalling out frequently (I don't want to drive it in fear of burning out the fuel pump again), Ginetta took our truck and left her car, which will not start when there is any moisture around... so here I am stuck sending my prayers to the job site. Go Bear!

On another note, Romeo loves his mommy! They say, generally, that stranger anxiety starts around 8 months...well...Romeo seems to be very VERY aware. He will be content in my arms and I will hand him over to someone else and the second he gets in their hands he will start crying and continue to cry until he is back in my arms again. He seems to be very sullen and watchful around strangers as if he's thinking who is this person and what are their motives for talking to me...are they going to take me away from the safety of mom? I am absolutely content holding him all day but it is always sad for people who want to hold him because they can't. It takes him quite a while to warm up to people as if credibility and trust must be earned, at his discretion. A friend at church even asked "Does he ever smile?" "Has he ever laughed" He laughs his head off when he's playing at home... So now he's an overly tiny, sad baby to those who don't know him well..great...
But he is a JOY to his momma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Bear! He will figure things out Han--he has a lot of abilities and is a very resourceful guy! I used to work myself silly around the farm becuase there was so much hard work to be done...until it occured to me--hey, he's got his curse, I've got mine-- ie work/childbearing :) Give that Momeo a squeeze for me!
Love yo-ma

Anonymous said...

And a JOY to his Grandpa...

Hannah said...

Amen mama. That's what I remind myself. That is his job home is mine and we did get the better deal =)