Monday, September 14, 2009

Fit Baby

Well hello again! Blogging is much harder with a baby :) Right now he is napping and this is my time for shower, house cleaning, checking email whatever else I need to get done. Usually his naps are only 20 minutes so getting anything done is near impossible. Lately he's been taking about 3 hour naps but this means he doesn't sleep as well at night. I'm not sure which I'd rather have because I get so much done during nap time!!

I love being home with Romeo. I feel like we are getting to know each other so well and we are best friends :) He laughs and smiles so much now but he is also discovering new noises. Now instead of crying...he screams and you have to hear it to appreciate it. Very funny but also makes him sound more like a naughty toddler than a newborn.

As you know Romeo is a skinny baby. People do not take well to this. If they see an obese baby who looks like their feet are about to burst open and have trouble breathing they say, Awww! If they see my baby with meat on his bones but slender they say, "Oh my goodness is he OK???" Every single time I go out I get at least 3 people saying the list of questions I have heard way too many times. "Oh he is SO cute!! How old is he?" or "He must be a newborn."
"He's almost 4 months"
"Oh no....was he a preemie??"
"No, actually he was late"
"He's so skinny did the doctor say he's OK?" or "How much did he weigh at birth?"

Romeo is completely normal. He weighs about 11 pounds and is 23 inches long. He was 7 lbs and 19 3/4 inches at birth. That's great gain for a breast fed baby. I think he looks great but still all the comments and stares like I"m starving him.

The other day at Kroger the same list of questions they think he is so cute until I tell them his age. Same thing happened and the lady said, to the baby, "we need to put some meat on your bones don't we sweety!"

Oh geez. Oh well! So I have been trying to feed him as much as I can and I think he looks great :) Everyone else needs to be quiet!! lol Anyways better clean something :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Just start telling people you just brought him home from the hospital :)

Anonymous said...

Who would ever think your best friend would be under two feet tall? haha! You and Max were my best friends too--it's the neatest thing ever!
Love yo-ma

Max said...

Just tell people his name is actually Benjamin Button and he was born 87 years ago.

Anonymous said...

I love Romeo just the way he is!!!! I do like the Benjamin Button sugggestion...

Anonymous said...

Tell the folks who inquire he is one of those pretend high school babies that your high school home and family living class is making you carry around to simulate motherhood and the manufacturer wanted one designed to the exact weight and height of a healthy baby...

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say, he is as cute as a Button!