Friday, September 25, 2009

Dirty Job


I wish I had a better picture but here's what I've looked like the past couple days absolutely covered in mud...in my hair, on my face, mud-filled shoes...I've been unrolling 3, 600 foot pipes in 5 foot deep trenches filled with water...I'll take more pictures tonight. We're almost done with the loops. It's hard work but a lot of fun getting dirty! I also saved 6 baby turtles stuck in the trench! I have pictures of them on Bears phone. When we left at dark last night holes busted through the trench and they were quickly filling with water from the pond so the trench will be 5 feet of water...yikes! But the excavator is working great!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, looks like you need a manicure :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah,you make your old grampy proud of you.

Max said...

Way to work hard!

Anonymous said...

Is there a difference between the sexes? See turtle reference, not many guys would save turtles and waste energy and time. Don't get me wrong. I think turtles are worthy and everything. I am glad God made us different and so are the turtles...

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!
:) love, mom

Hannah said...

Thanks everybody!

Re the turtle comment...
I exerted a LOT of energy saving the turtles..for each one I had to climb out of the 5 foot trench usind no hands, just elbows, my husband was giving me looks and joking saying, "If you save one more turtle..." So no! I do not think most guys would bother with the turtles, but I loved handling them!

Hannah said...

Actually Bear just told me he grabbed one more out with a shovel so..go figure?

Anonymous said...

We have learned the hard way that previously disturbed soil is dangerous to trench in. No matter how long ago it was disturbed. Just a reminder,Bear probably already knows this.

Anonymous said...

www.gov.org osha trenching safety. A trench cave in that buries you up to your waist can be fatal,up to your diaphram will be fatal if you have no help. It don't have to be very deep to be dangerous.