Friday, March 26, 2010

A Welcome to Opportunity!


Hard to believe but FOUR more teeth are coming in for a grand total of EIGHT now. If nothing else, he has a very advanced mouth! :) I gave him his first haircut the other day. He looks so handsome :)








Bear and Romeo are doing SO good at home together! The house is immaculate and both boys are happy. I'm so proud of them. Coming home to a clean house and Romeo's smiling face, makes for the best day ever, everyday! I realized, while job shadowing yesterday, that I will definitely be praying with out ceasing NO CEASING while on the job. Little me commanding the masses in one of the most dangerous cities I know of. Props to mom this job and this place are CRAZY! I am excited but also questioning if I will have the confidence and the bravery to do well. I know I will in the long run but for this moment I still feel like a baby that should be interning instead of holding my own caseload! I welcome the challenge :) Thank you Jesus for bringing me a real job!
I am off today spending time with momo. He's sleeping now. I wish we could go for a walk but alas MI is still a frozen wasteland :) Maybe next week!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you suppose to wait and cut hair when they HAVE hair...

Anonymous said...

How good is your self-defense technique. I suggest watching Jackie Chan movies...

Anonymous said...

God has placed you in your job for a reason. Trust in Him and do the work of the Gospel. It is better to be in the most dangerous city in the world under God's protection and will than in the safest situation outside of His will...

Anonymous said...

Hey Han, You will be amazed how your confidence will grow when you begin to meet the challenges of your days successfully! You will be great, just give yourself time--it's a VERY big job, lots to learn, but you are oh so smart and the feeling you want to run out of the city with your hair on fire will soon fade! Glad to hear Momo and PoPo are adjusting well! Let's do lunch really soon...Love, Mom

Sarah said...

Wow... like mother like daughter! I know you'll do great Hannah!!

hannah said...

I just cut the bottom...he had a mullet going it was soooo long!!

Mom, yeah that's why I was impressed with the case manager I job shadowed...she was young and her confidence was incredible! She knew so much and was very sure of how to do her job. Hopefully I can be like that soon :) I am very excited to meet you for lunch!!

Isn't it weird Sarah? I never thought I'd be doing this job but here I am!

Anonymous said...

This is the picture we have on our desktop now. How adorable! Love, Gramma

Max said...

The job will be hard at first. It's like moving to a new place and having to learn a new set of cultural rules and a new language. Once you achieve 'fluency,' everything will get much, much easier. In my experience (in terms of a job or a new school), it takes about 6 months.

I know you can do it!

hannah said...

Max, that's funny you say 6 months because that's what one of the case managers told me...6 months and you're either all in or your all out, running out with your hair on fire! I'm excited to get comfortable with what I'm doing then I think I'll love it!