Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Habeneros are NOT my friend

Romeo and I are at the grocery store..I'm about to reach for some jalapeno peppers when I see some pretty, enticing yellow orangy peppers..I think to myself, these look like habenero peppers...cool! So I buy them. I was making a spin on the taco bell bacon burrito (potatoes, bacon and ground turkey very yummy) that I always make and I always want an extra kick in there for myself. As I'm making the burrito I begin to fry up my new pepper friends. *I am very glad that I gave Romeo to Bear to hold while I was cooking because usually he sits in his high chair while I charm him with my cooking skills* All of sudden my senses were assaulted by something that felt like an INCREDIBLE allergy attack plus pain. Almost immediately I had to leave the kitchen. I was crying, coughing, sneezing uncontrollably; my voice was hoarse, my nose was running, i couldn't breathe, the pain and sneezing fits forced me to my knees. The whole house tasted like fire. Bear and Romeo began to cough in the living room. And we were all coughing hours later after fans and open doors and windows...it was VERY dramatic...i was too scared after that to even eat one! I just licked one of them and my tongue wants to fall off.

I have decided I have experienced a taste of hell that is habenero peppers. Yes, there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Bear Claw now has 3 more loop jobs coming up!!! Wowsa. 2 of them are 3 loops each when they usually are only 1... We are in the right field and Bear will be busy to say the least.



4 comments:

Max said...

I ate too much habanero sauce once and my tongue hurt for three days. But they aren't even the hottest peppers out there--there's one called the Ghost Pepper that's 2-5 times hotter.

I think it's called the Ghost Pepper because it makes you die and turn into a ghost.

Sarah said...

Who can eat this stuff???

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for deliverence...We have plenty of peppers in our garden...your mom made the hottest chile with only four, but not like what happened at your house...hopefully, it cleared out all your sinus cavities in a good way...Go Bear Claw...

Hannah said...

I think I could eat the peppers...maybe..but I FOR SURE can't cook them!~ You'd need a gas mask!!

Max--those peppers shouldn't be real. Why God? WHY>????