Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Big Screen

So yesterday I was on the movie set of "Miss January." It is a big production that is being filmed in Farmington Hills, MI. One of the stars from Sex and the City, "Samantha" or Kim Cattrall, is starring in the movie. Well, why was I there you say? Has small town Hannah hitting it big as an actress?

No.

But my lizard is! The producers have been contacting us for months. They wanted pictures of all our lizards and they chose a Bearded Dragon to be in the film. Nothing big, just a fairly small lizard. Oh and yes we did get paid to do this (I didn't recognize the star in pictures so it wasn't for the glamour!). So yesterday I took him over to the movie set. Strange, strange things I saw I will not mention over the internet... It was a very weird set with weird things going on and "movie people" are quite strange, nice but strange. So I waited and watched for about an hour and then I made my Bearded Dragon run about a foot across a green screen probably 15 takes and that was it!

Weird huh?

In other words I am working 7 days a week at the store and taking an online class in animal behavior! Nothing I don't know already yet from normal scientific observation/experiment classes but hopefully it will get interesting. Got a customer gotta go!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing and far out even if I do say so. Love G

Max said...

Very Cool! Did they happen to say anything about when they would be needing me?

Anonymous said...

Tell Max, one lizard is enough...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Max, you could be the unbearded dragon...

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that they didn't ask you to do a "screen test" you surely have the "look" of a movie star...

Rebekah said...

Did you get free passes for the premiere?

Sarah said...

So much excitement! I'm jealous :)